Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Roomba router fail...

So I got my little linux router all fixed up and connected to the roomba.  I compiled a little test program to send some commands to the roomba to make it move, it worked!

Now I went on to power the router via the SCI port on the roomba.  From what I have read the power is essentially a tap directly off the battery.  So I connected it up and it worked, at first...

Shortly after connecting it the roomba started making the uh-oh sound, over and over again; :(  So I powered it off and back on with everything disconnected and it kept making the same sound; plugged it in to charge; same sound.

The only way that I could get it to stop making sad noised was to do the battery reset procedure.

Starting to work on a plan-B for networking the roomba; going with a simple bluetooth serial bridge.

No comments: